Oral and maxillofacial surgery
Oral and maxillofacial surgery is the specialty of dentistry that deals with the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of pathological conditions or cosmetic problems with the jaw, the oral cavity, the face, and the cervix.
Dr. Papakonstantinou undertakes the diagnosis and treatment of the following pathological or cosmetic problems.
- Surgical removals of impacted and semi-impacted teeth
- Revealing of impacted teeth to make them functional and useful
- Supervisory & surgical treatment of inflammations, abscesses, infections, and contaminations of the maxillofacial region.
- Placement of implants due to congenital or acquired abnormalities
- Removal of bladders and benign or malignant tumors from jaw bone and soft oral molecules.
- Removal of braces for orthodontic reasons
- Reconstruction, bone or tissue grafts of soft and hard tissues.
Dr. Papakonstantinou always proceeds with the most effective treatment and – depending on the type of problem – with fast and painless interventions while trying to minimize the stress and discomfort of the patient and restore the functional and cosmetic state of the oral cavity.